Big Willy's Sweet Factory

This isn't meant to be a self promotion [well, it kinda is, but it's more so we can all point and laugh at with me].

About a month ago, I received invitation to be apart of a promotion bundle. I was really excited because I've been asked to be in them before and things simply didn't pan out for one reason or another [usually because the group just wasn't organized or knowledgeable enough about promo bundles]. So when Groovyloopylou asked, I said "Yes! Absolutely."

I've made hints here and there to people that I was going to be in a promo bundle. I even mentioned that my Sweet Candy Girl Set had a lot to do with it. I made that set because I knew I was in a bundle that had something to do with a "Sweet Factory". I never actually saw the pieces anyone else made. Color schemes weren't really discussed with me. I was told "Make this chair look like a sweetie" and so I did. I'm quite proud of the chair actually as it's the first piece of furniture I've done since I was a noob. I was told the chair was perfect and that it looked good. I did everything I needed to do, turned it in and gave permission for its use in a bundle. And then I waited.

Today, Nola messages me and let's me know all about Big Willy's Sexy Sweet Factory and I groaned. "Oh no... is that my bundle?" I open the page with angst and I immediately laughed until I couldn't breathe. I didn't know it was an AP bundle and I didn't really know it was that kind of bundle. Nothing wrong with it. In fact, It's a fantastic bundle that I am proud to be apart of. It's a great team of nice people and I hope to work with them again in the future.

You don't really get a good look at my chair in the marketing [although someone was kind enough to snag my Sweet Resolution Skin from my catalog and my Pink iDolly Eyes from my other catalog for one of the avatars]. In fact, you only see this very tiny glimpse of my poor, lonely chair.

It's probably because my chair doesn't really match. It's probably because my poor chair sucks. haha Whatever the reason, I'm kind of glad it's so hidden. It's a little embarrassing. Still proud of it!

Surprisingly, the bundle is selling well [I think? I mean, how would I know?] despite my sad chair. You should really check it out [hopefully to buy it and not just because you want to point and laugh at my chair].

Special thanks to my fellow bundle creators: Chickieepooh2u, Darkideas, Sean, Kimi, Elysiane, SiNafay, MarkyDM, Spirit, Alliekitten, Tidy

4 comments:

Your Illusion | August 20, 2009 at 11:03 PM

I bought your candy outfit like, a week ago. I adore it!

Unknown | August 21, 2009 at 3:38 AM

i followed the link to see the bundle. Honestly your contribution is the only part of the whole bundle that i liked. It is so sad that imvu as a company focuses so much on deviant sex and seems to have no clue about love or romance any more. At least the bundle they added your chair to does not include any whipping or shackles or torture machines - small consolation i know but in IMVU bundles it seems to have become a distinction.

Kimi | August 21, 2009 at 4:06 AM

Well, that's true. I do wish I'd known it was an AP bundle. I hadn't thought to ask so I guess that's my own fault. I had elaborate plans to promote it on my home page and product pages when it came out and I can't do that now. lol

I don't normally make AP products. In fact, I only have one in my whole catalog. The chair in the bundle is very much GA. I guess when i told people it was "something very different than they were accustomed to seeing from me" I was right. :D

Unknown | August 22, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Congrats kimi!

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin