Shout Out to Terror

See the Digital Dish Girl in this image? She was made by Terror. She's pretty nice and I'm happy with the piece. The cost was steep - 10,000 credits. But I'm a fairly generous developer and I didn't mind the cost because I wanted the piece done practically immediately. I was anxious and it was a pretty big piece.

The image is also used on the Digital Dish homepage - and again, Terror is credited for the artwork.

And this is the avatar picture I used for a whole month after I got married. The avatar image within the picture was also done by Terror. He did a good job on the enhancements. The hair was... different but hey, it's a heck of a lot better than I can do. Again, cost was steep - another 10,000 credits. But again, I'm generous and I was really excited about the piece.

The piece was used only as an avatar image [as shown] and as a temporary display filler for the icons I am selling. So Terror was never credited anywhere except for my file sale thread Virtual Virtuosities where Terror points out that the image I'm using was created by him.

And then I needed another piece of avatar art - this time to be used on my new product pages and home page. It was pretty important to me and I spent hours playing dress up and digging through my hundreds of poses to pick out just the right one. I made my decision and took the picture. But I needed an artist yet again.

Of course being that I like Terror's enhancements, he would have been the natural choice based on work alone. But his work ethic is pretty flaky. If you scroll down to the bottom of this website, you will see that Terror is clearly noted for his artwork on this website. And I also did a nice Blog Post for him in recognition of his work. This wasn't good enough for him. Okay, no problem! I offered him ad space for FREE and FOREVER and asked that he provide me with the banner needed and I would link it wherever he wanted. Didn't get the banner. But yet he went on to do the wedding artwork for me.

So a friend talked with me about the artwork I needed and I mentioned that I wouldn't pay 10,000 credits again. Let's face it - I really don't have a lot of money and I knew if I shopped around, I could have easily found someone to do it for less. But this friend gave me 5,000 credits so I would use Terror's services again. So I took the money and gave it to Terror in exchange for more artwork on July 31st.

I told him I needed the piece "in about a week" because I wasn't in a huge hurry. I was still working with the lovely Jspunkette on the coding so I didn't need the piece immediately. Being that he already did two pieces of work, I assumed he understood what we were doing, but I explained it anyways. But then the work in progress (WIP) I got from him had the arms completely removed [he told me he "didn't like the arms so he removed them"] and the hair drawn from the edge of the canvas - rather than pasting the image into a new, larger canvas where he's have plenty of room to draw it. I complained of course - it needed to be done correctly and I'd already paid.

On August 5th, he showed me the completed image. I agreed to it and asked it be sent. He offered to send both the PNG and the PSD file to me. On August 6th, I messaged him asking for the transparent image. I knew the piece was done, so I didn't feel bad about reminding him for it. But then days passed. On August 10th, I reminded him that I had paid him and needed to be sent the artwork. Again, I knew the piece was done, so I didn't understand why I was still waiting for it. No biggie - we all forget or have lives. He finally sent it to me.

Now, the agreement was that in exchange for the image, he would get 10,000 credits from me as well as recognition for doing the work on the pages the image appeared (as I specifically stated - my home page and product pages). I specifically wrote to him...

"There is going to be a sort of ad space for the digital-dish ads and I still need an image for you to put there. There will be another thank you section where you will be. Eh it's hard to explain. lol You'll see."

Well I haven't finished the thank you section yet. In fact, I was working on it before I got a nasty message from
Terror, complaining yet again. And I already reminded him about the banner for the ad space [which he decided today he doesn't want because apparently he's too good for an ad reel where other people's banners will cycle through]. I promised him he'd get the shout out he deserves.

So here it is Terror. I have linked this blog to your name a total of eleven times in this post. It's seen daily by hundreds of people. Is this good enough for you? Don't worry - I'll make sure you get what I promised you. I don't go back on my word. I'm sorry if I didn't work fast enough for your liking but funny thing - it took many days for me to get my artwork from you and I didn't complain. I wasn't threatening to you nor rude.

Enjoy your moment in the spotlight. And for those who think this post is rude - well, I'm just telling it like it is. This blog is about IMVU news and gossip - and my point of view.

24 comments:

Anonymous | August 13, 2009 at 4:13 PM

I don't really like Terror.

Jspunkette | August 13, 2009 at 4:18 PM

You were in the right, and he got what he asked for. End of story. :]

Anonymous | August 13, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Yeah, and his work isn't worth 10k.

Anonymous | August 13, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I love Terror's work!!! He is amazing. I dont think you deserve his work.

Anonymous | August 13, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Kimi the drama queen strikes again!!! You no right saying this about anyone. And in a public way. you should be ashamed.

Kimi | August 13, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I am not denying that his artwork is good. I stated several times that I was pleased with the work he produced - except for the few things on the last piece that I had to have him correct (and the bits of that piece that I had to fix myself because he was too lazy to fix the mistake HE made with the drawing of the hair from the corner of the canvas).

Not deserving of his work? Are you serious? I more than paid for those pieces (by the way, the avatar pictures shown were created by ME). I not only held up my side of the deal, but I offered more to him when he complained after I'd fulfilled my obligations.

No you're right. I don't deserve his work... I deserve better. Like I said - I'm a pretty generous developer and I didn't mind the 10k until it the artwork started to cost more in inconveniences.

Kimi | August 13, 2009 at 5:13 PM

The whole point of this blog is to post the latest news, rumors and gossip - which means it's not always going to be ponies and rainbows.

Anonymous | August 13, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Well, the peices are amazing. You jsut sound difficult. I just dont get why you didnt do it yourself? if you say your such a geat graphic artist... I think you should stop bashing people on here. Or people will mistake you for Perez Hilton.

Kimi | August 13, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I'm not bashing. I clearly stated that I am happy overall with the pieces. For 10k, I think I earned the right to have done to the images what I wanted. He knew what I needed done. I had no complaints at all with the first two pieces. He got lazy on the 3rd - but hey, I guess we all do at some point in our lives so I won't weigh on that too much.

The point of this post is to give him exactly what he asked for. He wanted the recognition. He wanted to make sure everyone knew what he did. I obliged. I offered him free ad space. I offered him things AFTER I'd already done my part of the deal. That wasn't good enough. I vowed not to use him again. I did anyways - stupid mistake.

His artwork is fantastic and I stated as such. I'm by no means a "great graphic artist". I'm decent.. I can get most of my stuff done myself. I'm not good at avatar enhancements and I'm not ashamed of that.

His art is great. His attitude sucks.

Kimi | August 13, 2009 at 5:28 PM

The ability to post anonymously has been removed. I will not be chastised for posting so openly by people who don't at least have the spine to do the same.

Unknown | August 13, 2009 at 7:24 PM

I think "Anonymous" needs to read the post over again. Kimi didnt bash Terror or his artwork. She specifically stated she liked his artwork and was nice to him and even offered him FREE ad space, MANY PEOPLE would not offer ANYONE free ad space, not even their "True" friends.

Kimi did the right thing. She has always been nice to everyone that I know of, even myself, a piddly developer and texture artist. She's not conceited because she is a great graphic artist and she doesnt think highly of herself.

I think Terror is talented in many ways, but he seems to overprice A LOT of his work, even in his texture sales. Sometimes he can be nice and other times he's a true Asshole.

Kimi, I look highly of you. You did what was right in your heart and Im glad you that you let us know what he did and how he treated you. I was thinking about buying a few things from Terror from his texture shop, but now, I dont want to, due to his inconsideration of others.

XxSPEAKxX Glom | August 13, 2009 at 9:35 PM

A lot of pro devs and very talented artist on IMVU act like this. I can tell all them right now it's a turn off to buyers. I and many other will not supoport a developer or artist who thinks they should be treated like royalty and papmered on IMVU.

Your Illusion | August 13, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Lmao. Anonymous has a bug up their behind. I'm not familiar with Terror, but it sounds like he's living up to his name. I'll be sure to steer clear of him.

Anonymous | August 14, 2009 at 1:01 AM

Whooo drama....

Anyways, Kimi did nothing wrong, she did not speak ill of Terror, all she did was praise him of his work in the post countless times.


If you people can't learn to read properly and understand what Kimi was saying, then you need to shut your trap and go about your buisness, end of story.

Alisha | August 14, 2009 at 8:10 PM

He seems like an asshole. Ew.

KULAMAKANI | August 15, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Kimi you always give us the whole story, you keep doing that.
Munay sweetsister

Anonymous | August 16, 2009 at 1:42 AM

I do not like Terror. I find him annoying, childish and rude. And you are crazy for paying 10k when you could have gotten someone easier to work with more art experience for less. Though, after reading this and your other entries, I've come to the conclusion that you are using this website as your own personal attacking space. (You can veil this particular attack against Terror all you want, betch, but I see what you did there. ;D) I'm sure if you didn't have people who were willing to back up all of your silly, semi-childish banter, you'd probably claim to have a different view on things. :/ OH! and btw, you cannot have 'biased' trufax, dear. Unless you're Fox News ;D.

Unknown | August 16, 2009 at 4:44 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown | August 16, 2009 at 5:13 AM

Terror is the most rude person i know.

Kimi | August 16, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Scarlettnoire - this place is so far from my personal attacking space it's not even funny. You want to see my personal attacking space? Go to www.ShortFatCyclops.com and have yourself a go. lol

And of course I can be biased. First of all, I don't write about everything. I find some things to just not be very important, but I do my best to cover a range. I always present the facts first. I use exact quotes. I am sure to give references and links to everything. But at the end of the day, I am still allowed to give my opinion. That's why it's biased.

I didn't ask anyone to back up my post. I'm a big girl. I can handle myself. I am still not regretful of making the post. I gave an accurate play by play of what occurred. It's a shame most people chose to take only the negative from it but let's be honest - I wasn't really posting it so we could praise him. But he does good artwork when he's not being lazy about it. I wouldn't have paid him 10k if I didn't find his work to be anything less than fantastic. But he's got a long way to go with treating people better.

mariana | August 16, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Lol you could pay 2k for Patch's work that is 200000 times better then Terror's One.

Anonymous | August 16, 2009 at 7:34 PM

The funny thing is kimi you didn't use anything in your post that was nice,except terror is a go artist.Once you use the term "flaky" your bashing point blank.

Yes your allowed to form an opinion, but don't try to sugar coat things, be frank about it. Isn't that what a really women would do, say whats on her mind. But also you have to remember, this is a "IMVU BLOG" should your personal business be important to the readers. As where not where to read about kimi, make an kimi blog for that.

Yes, you paid 10k but remember we didn't pay for it, you did! So ranting to us about someone else and there work is not relevant. Why? Because as soon as we start to comment about your personal life, where being noisy or rude.
As you do have the title " Here go Kimi complaining again"
understand me?

But the post thing about this post is what? That you got good artwork, correct and terror is a good artist. I mean it isn't my choice however it is very childish to put you twos business out, if i recall terror does the same thing, putting out his business, and what did people say.

If you can' handle the heat stay out the kitchen and the blog site.

Kimi | August 16, 2009 at 8:06 PM

If you don't like the intentions of MY blog, you do not have to read it. Funny how you have dictated what you think MY blog is about or should be about. It's not your place to decide that - it's mine.

I'm not sugar coating anything. Why do people always call it sugar coating when you aren't lashing out or using brash words? Why can't someone simply state exactly what happened and their experiences? You take what you want from what I wrote... but don't dare say I sugar coated anything.

Damn straight I'm complaining - not about his artwork but rather his SERVICE. And I have that right and it seems quite a few people agree with me on that point. Terror agreed to a very specific trade of funds, recognition and service. I hardly got the service I paid for. I did however hold up my end of the deal. It wasn't good enough despite being what we'd agreed to. He was rude to me and yet I offered him MORE and he was rude again. So I wrote this blog. He got his name in lights like he asked for. He got his praise. He got plenty of recognition.

I guarantee he's gotten a hell of a lot of traffic to his home page this week and I don't doubt he's gained some new friends from the experience who don't agree with my posting. So in some ways, you can actually say I did him a favor. Imagine that.

Kimi | August 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM

This is the last comment that will be allowed on this blog. Why? Because news and gossips comes and goes. We're past this.

I'm not closing it because I can't handle it. I'm closing this because I have already spoken to Terror and it's clear to me that people need to move on. Read the post. You take what you want from it. But there is other and more important news for people to focus on.

I'm not removing the post, which is clearly what people want and probably think they can get by continuing to make comments on it. Instead, comments to this post are closed. If you have something to say to me, my email is available. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin