An Almost "I'm Sorry"

Some comments in reference to my last post have gotten me thinking. Maybe people have missed the point about this blog. Maybe it's not what they thought it was. I can't imagine what people thought a blog called "Digital Dish IMVU News and Gossip" would be about if not the obvious [or what I thought was the obvious].

On several occasions since I started this blog on June 30th, I have made a lot of very personal references to several developers. I've talked about people like Thovarex, DarkAngel5, Hot4Krissy, Lollirot and some others - some of it good, some bad. I make a point of making sure that if I am going to say something negative, I'm fair about it. I state only the facts of what happened and I always post exact quotes. I made a promise to myself when I started this and I have kept to that promise. I also always make sure that if I am going to say something not especially kind, I'm sure to say something positive as well.

My last post is no exception. I had plenty of kind words to put in the post. But this is also a gossip column about things going on in our community. I was bound to post something that specifically happened to me at some point. It interests me that people were outraged that I'd post something personal to myself. But that's okay. I don't understand it, but I'll accept it.

To quote an Anonymous poster, "I think you should stop bashing people on here. Or people will mistake you for Perez Hilton."

Sorry. I hate to break it to you, but this blog was started with Perez Hilton very much in mind. I'm not gay. I don't have orange hair. I didn't get punched by Will I Am's body guards... but I am a very open minded [and open-mouthed] person. Do I plan to be as ruthless? Goodness no. I'd like to think I'm not that mean. Unlike Perez Hilton, I have a soul. Unlike him, I don't just make jabs at people and things because I can. I make exact references. I post the quoted words spewed forth by the community. I don't just throw stuff up here and call it journalism.

Since all of the negative comments were left anonymously, I have no idea who all is hurt by my last post. So, I can't speak with any of you about it or apologize on a more personal level. So this is all I can offer: I apologize to those of you who were either shocked, outraged, upset or anything else negative because of my last post. I thought I'd made it clear what this blog was about. If I didn't, then that's my own fault.

I'm not sorry for the post itself. I stated the facts. Did I let myself be a little biased? Well, yes. But I thought I'd made it clear that that's what this blog was about. Wait... I know I did. Check out the About section directly to your right and read it [or just read below].

Welcome to my IMVU News Blog. Get up to date and totally biased news on what's happening in our IMVU community from me! I dish it out - from the community wide changes to the small time drama.

One again, I apologize to those I hurt - including Terror. But I stand by my decision to make the post as well as my point of view.

5 comments:

Anonymous | August 13, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Personally I had no problem with the post. I do have a problem with people who post anonymously though. If people are going to open their mouths, they should at least have the balls to state who they are. Otherwise I would consider them to be totally unimportant. After all, they don't think of themselves enough to post their name, why should we care what they have to say?

Unknown | August 13, 2009 at 7:29 PM

I would have to agree with Ivy.

Kimi, You shouldnt have to feel sorry at all, this is YOUR blog. You have the RIGHT to say anything you like.

Anonymous posts are nothing, if they cant identify who they are, Then why even post?? I mean seriously??

Unknown | August 15, 2009 at 12:38 AM

i thought that Terror was just a movie category.

KULAMAKANI | August 15, 2009 at 10:32 PM

hugs and kisses,
I have read your posts and you have been fair in your writing. I do not consider any information you wrote as bashing. Its my maturity I guess.
this must be a very young person. dont worry about them. I wish they would have quoted you where they saw the 'bashing'...
We love you bunches, just feel our love..:)
Kulamakani

Unknown | August 16, 2009 at 5:04 AM

Lol , you dont own apolagizes to no one.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin